Whether you are building a simple web site or a complex e-commerce storefront, hosting Java-based applications at Prominic.NET provides the greatest level of security, reliability and flexibility—all at an affordable price.
Prominic.NET's virtual and dedicated servers, and our ability to easily cluster applications across physically disparate data centers make us the ideal choice for JBoss hosting.
JBoss is the leading Open Source, standards-compliant, J2EE based application server implemented in 100% pure Java. A J2EE certified platform for developing and deploying enterprise Java applications, Web applications, and Portals, JBoss Application Server provides the full range of J2EE features as well as extended enterprise services including clustering, caching, and persistence.
Tomcat is a free, open-source implementation of Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies developed under the Jakarta project at the Apache Software Foundation. Tomcat is available for commercial use (under the ASF license) from the Apache web site in both binary and source versions. It powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations. Apache, Sun and a variety of other companies and individuals are contributing to Tomcat, which is available to any company or developer to be used in web servers and development tools, and to create dynamic, interactive web sites.
Apache Geronimo is a fully compliant Java EE platform used to build enterprise-grade applications and services. Geronimo is based on an architecture that decouples components and services, resulting in an extremely configurable and modular runtime environment. Geronimo also takes advantage of Java Management Extensions (JMX) and a similar proprietary managed-bean framework that makes Geronimo an easy platform to monitor, configure, and manage.
Macromedia JRun 4.1 is a fast, affordable, and reliable solution for delivering Java applications. With features such as drag-and-drop deploy, XDoclet integration and optimized Flash connectivity speed the development and deployment of your next-generation Internet applications. Currently used in production at over 10,000 companies world-wide, JRun has confirmed reliability for powering J2EE applications.
Need to take your applications a little farther than Java? Consider JRuby, a 100% pure-Java implementation of Ruby. It runs under the JVM and ports to anywhere Java does. Groovy is a language that has a syntax that's similar to, yet simpler than, Java. If you know Java, Groovy's built-in support for lists, maps and ranges will probably help you get more done. Groovy runs on Grails.
IBM's suite of Java-based middleware, WebSphere, provides a complete set of design, development and deployment tools for B2C and B2B Portals, distributed application and Web servers, and business process integration. WebSphere Application Server Community Edition is a lightweight Java EE 5 application server available free of charge from IBM. Built on Apache Geronimo technology, it harnesses the latest innovations from the open-source community to deliver an integrated, readily accessible and flexible foundation for developing and deploying Java applications. Through the use of best-of-breed, open-source applications such as Eclipse, Apache Tomcat, and Apache Derby, WebSphere Application Server Community Edition delivers a clear path to the advanced capabilitiesof the WebSphere middleware portfolio.
Confused? If you are, don't worry. We'll help you sort it all out, and we'll provide an excellent hosting platform from which you can launch your Java applications.
- Everyone’s Behind a Managed, ICSA-Certified Firewall—No Exceptions
- Data Centers Secured by Keycard and 24/7 Surveillance
- Virus and Spam Protection Options
- RAID 1 (Mirroring) Minimum Data Protection
- Gas Generator-backed Power
- Uninterrupted Power to All Equipment
- Fully Redundant Network Infrastructure and Internet Connectivity
- 24/7/365 Critical Operations Monitoring and Automated System Recovery
- Multi-Data Center Failover and Clustering Options
- No Hardware to Buy, Install, Maintain and Upgrade…
- …Or, Supply Your Own and Co-locate It
- 24/7 Secure Administrator (RDP, SSH, FTP) Access
- Server and Application Load Balancing Options
- Shared, Partitioned, Dedicated and Clustered Hosting Solutions
- Easy Migration Paths for Growing Companies
- Certified IBM Lotus Technical Support Staff
- IBM Advanced Partner
- BlackBerry Alliance Partner
- Primary Facility Housed in the Former Chanute Air Force Base Data Center
- Secondary Facility in Top 10 "Cities for Data Centers"–Information Week