IBM Websphere Portal
WebSphere Portal is a framework that is used to combine applications, processes, content and components into a single, cohesive, access point, customized to each user’s need or job function.
It provides the ability to define workflow, manage content, simplify usability and administration, and even supports security and scalability.
Your users will appreciate WebSphere Portals single sign on services, and customizable themes, collaboration services, and application information exchange. WebSphere provides tools and add-ons to enhance the functionality of your portal, like content integration via out of the box portlets, and application templates that allow your users to build feature rich composite applications.
So, if you want to offer your customers a social portal experience, custom made to fit their expectations, then IBM Websphere Portal is the tool to use. And who better to host it than the experts in both IBM and hosting, Prominic.NET.
The WebSphere Portal Family includes:
- WebSphere Portal for Multiplatforms – the base edition of WebSphere Portal, comes in Extend and Enable versions.
- WebSphere Portal Express comes in two versions: Express and Express Plus, and enables small and midsized businesses to easily deploy team portals.
- WebSphere Portal Enable for z/OS
- WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable for cell phone and PDA portal access.
- IBM Web Experience Factory, for tools that help you create, customize, deploy and maintain portlets