Virtual Private Server (VPS) HostingProminic.NET’s Virtual Private Servers (aka “VPS”) are ideal for development and testing, and for small production sites and applications that require a low-cost, high-quality hosting environment. Our VPS packages start at $29 per month, and are among the most competitive in the industry.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting – Pricing
|Feature||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Setup Fee:||Equal to 1 month’s payment|
|Monthly Fee (Tier 1):||$29 mo.||$49 mo.||$79 mo.||$99 mo.|
|Monthly Fee (Tier 2):||–||$79 mo.||$149 mo.||$199 mo.|
|Disk Space:||2 GB||5 GB||10 GB||20 GB|
|Monthly Bandwidth:||5 GB||12 GB||25 GB||50 GB|
|Bundled Support:||½ Hour||½ Hour||½ Hour||½ Hour|
|Dedicated SSL:||$149 per year; multi-year discounts available (details)|
- Tier 1 – IHS / PHP / Tomcat / Geronimo / Ruby / MySQL / JBoss / ColdFusion / PostGres / BlazeDS
- Tier 2 – IBM WebSphere / IBM DB2
- IBM Lotus Domino VPS Pricing
- Disk Space – $0.25 / MB / month
- Data Transfer – $0.02 / MB / month
- Additional Internet Domains – $2 / Domain / month
- Additional Support – $150 / hour
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting – Before You BuyHow do I choose between a Production (Partitioned) server, a VPS and a Dedicated server? Production (Partitioned) servers, VPS servers and Dedicated servers are functionally similar, so here are some factors to consider when choosing between the two.
- Production (Partitioned) servers include the server license in the base monthly price, VPS and Dedicated servers do not.
- Dedicated servers include access to the base operating systems, Production (Partitioned) servers do not.
- Dedicated servers generally have better performance and reliability, since you are the only customer using the machine.
- Dedicated servers allow the installation of 3rd-party applications, Production (Partitioned) and VPS servers do not.
- Production (Partitioned) and VPS servers can easily be upgraded to a Dedicated server. Prominic can move your partition or VPS to dedicated hardware while keeping the server name and IP address the same. This means your end users will see no visible changes and basically eliminates any work required on your part to coordinate the upgrade.