Windows Server is a server operating system developed by Microsoft. Windows Server provides remote access through Terminal Services, Active Directory roles with identity, certificate and rights management tools, automated tasks, web hosting via IIS, and enhanced server management.
Windows Server comes in several editions with varying server roles;
- Windows Server Standard is geared towards small to medium businesses and will run on up to 4 processors
- Windows Server Enterprise is geared towards medium to large businesses and runs on up to 8 processors
- Windows Server Datacenter is for business that need higher security and reliability, and runs on up to 32 processors
- Windows Server Web edition runs on a maximum of 2 processors, and is used for building and hosting web applications
Prominic and Windows Server
Prominic offers managed Windows Server hosting starting at $299 per month. Our level 1 package includes a development grade server, with redundant RAID array, (2) 80 GB SATA hard drives, 1 GB of memory and a Blade/Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz processor.
Request a Quote below or contact our knowledgeable staff for more information or to discuss customized solutions.
For More Information
- For Windows Server performance information, tools and discussions from TechNet
- A brief look at Windows Server 2008 by Paul Thurrott
- Networking tips and tricks for Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Vista
- Windows Server Tools and News from Microsoft